Subway tiles come in many shapes, sizes, textures and colours and can be used in a variety of different ways, which is why they’re the perfect fit for any home.
They work particularly well in your kitchen (splashbacks), bathroom and laundry due to their high resistance to water and moisture
Some of the ways you can apply subway tiles in your home include:
- Make the perfect white backdrop in your bathroom by using white pencil-thin grout with a traditional white tile.
- Create a bold focal point in your kitchen by contrasting your grout with your tile.
- Add contrast to your laundry with a unique backsplash pattern and colour.
- Create height and enhance the appearance of your bathroom by laying subway tiles vertically instead of the standard horizontal layout.
- Lay subway tiles in different patterns it doesn’t have to be classic subway. Other on trend patterns that work well – herringbone, chevron, stacked or basket weave.
Whilst they are versatile, you should never use subway tiles on floors. Because of their thin structure, they won’t stand up to the wear and tear of heavy foot traffic.